You are here

Back to top

China

1138 Articles
First-Ever Sale of US Rice to China AnnouncedThe Sun Valley Rice Company, LLC, a member of the LaGrande Family Foods Group located in California’s Sacramento Valley, has become the first US rice company to finalize a contract to sell rice to China. July 08, 2019
Dan Siekman

Jim Guinn, Director, Asia Promotion Programs, USA Rice Federation; William Li, Overseas Director, Shenzhen Yintuo & Vice President, Dragon Ocean Hing Group, Jim Levy, U.S. Consul General to China, U.S. Embassy; Chris Zhang, President, Dragon Ocean Hing Group; Erin O’Donnell, Assistant Vice President of Global Rice Trading, Sun Valley Rice; Bobby Richey Jr., Minister-Counselor for Agricultural Affairs in China, USDA. Image: Sun Valley Rice

[Press Release] Selecting the Best for AsiaGrading and sorting solutions are key to meeting Asia’s fast-growing demand for high-quality fresh produce, and visitors to ASIA FRUIT LOGISTICA will find world-leading technologies on display July 08, 2019
Produce Report
In First Ever Store Closing, YH Super Species Shutters Shanghai Wujiaochang BranchOn July 4, Super Species marked an inevitable but inglorious new milestone: the first closing of one of its stores. The Super Species Shanghai Wujiaochang store had originally opened in November of 2017. July 07, 2019
Dan Siekman
Domestic Air Freight and Hema Bring Fresh Apricots to Chinese ConsumersThe popularity and success in major Chinese cities of this season’s apricots from northwestern China’s Xinjiang region demonstrates the increasing viability in China of domestic air freight as a means of getting fresh fruit to market. July 03, 2019
Dan Siekman
China Announces Pilot Tariff Relief Program for Importers of US GoodsThe Tax Policy Department of China’s Ministry of Finance (MoF) has announced the launch of a trial program that will let Chinese importers of certain American products apply for temporary relief of additional tariffs added to those products by China during the trade conflict that has been ongoing between the US and China since March of last year—as well as to apply for refund of added tariffs the importer has already paid during that period. July 02, 2019
Dan Siekman
Garlic Prices in China RecoveringLarge quantities of fresh garlic have started to appear on the Chinese market, despite the total planting area in China being at its lowest point since 2015. June 25, 2019
poqmars
Suning Announces RMB 4.8b Deal for 80% Stake in Carrefour ChinaNanjing, China-based retailer Suning.com announced on June 23 that it intends to purchase an 80% stake in French hypermarket retailer Carrefour’s China operations for a sum of RMB 4.8 billion ($698 million). Carrefour will retain the remaining 20% share. June 25, 2019
Dan Siekman
Miss Fresh and Tencent Aim High with Strategic PartnershipThe two companies prepare to launch their “Smart and Fresh 100 Billion Plan” June 24, 2019
Tim
Japan Aims to Protect Its Premium Fresh Fruit VarietiesJapan’s Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries seeks stronger intellectual property protection for the country’s high-end fruit varieties June 23, 2019
Tim
Sam’s Club Soon to Have Eight Stores in BeijingSam’s Club expects to operate 40 stores in China by 2020 June 18, 2019
Tim

Pages

Upcoming Events

April 05, 2022 to April 07, 2022
September 07, 2022 to September 09, 2022

Produce Marketplace

  1. ALOE ECO PARK SAPI D · Mexico
  2. Tien Thinh Agricultu · Vietnam
  3. Tien Thinh Agricultu · Vietnam
  1. Joshua Lim · Malaysia
  2. City fresh fruit co. · Thailand
  3. Chun lin orchard-Sel · Taiwan nan

Stay Updated