You are here

Back to top

South Africa

32 Articles
Pagoda Carves Out Market for Small Newton ApplesPagoda’s new type of small apples from South Africa, launched in June 2019, is expected to prove popular with Chinese consumers August 26, 2019
Comments (0)
Tim
South African Citrus Reaches China via New Shipping MethodsOn June 10, 2019, South Africa's first-ever citrus reefer vessel destined to China pulled into Shanghai Nanhui Port. It is just the first of six reefer vessels to be scheduled for China this season. The second vessel has already departed from South Africa and is expected to reach Shanghai in late June. June 15, 2019
Comments (0)
Jing Zang
Southern Hemisphere Citrus Growers Playing an Increasingly Prominent RoleProduce Report Lecture: María del Pilar Arévalo of San Miguel discusses the increasingly important role of southern hemisphere countries in the global citrus sector May 21, 2019
Comments (0)
Andrew
South Africa's First Citrus Reefer Vessel to China Makes HistoryAccording to industry insiders from South Africa and China, shipments of South African citrus via reefer vessels are very likely to be rolled out shortly and are expected to change the way South African citrus arrives in China. May 20, 2019
Comments (0)
Jing Zang
Here Are Five African Countries That May Someday Supply Avocados to ChinaAside from Kenya, the African countries to pay attention to in relation to potentially exporting avocados to China are South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zimbabwe, says Zac Bard, Executive Manager of Westfalia Fruit Africa. March 28, 2019
Comments (0)
Dan Siekman

Packing Westfalia avocados in South Africa. Image: Westfalia Fruit

Kenya Closes in on Market Access in China for AvocadosChinese phytosanitary officials are expected to visit Kenya this April in order to conduct training and inspections of avocado packing facilities.The visit is likely to pave the way for Kenyan avocados to be added later this year to China's list of permissible imported fruits. February 18, 2019
Comments (0)
Dan Siekman
2019 SOUTH AFRICAN MACADAMIA INDUSTRY CROP OUTLOOKThe 2018 South African macadamia crop ended on a positive note with a record crop of 56 550 tonnes of inshell macadamias (measured at 1.5% kernel moisture content). This is approximately 4 000 tonnes higher than the previous estimate that was issued in September. The demand for macadamias remained strong and the kernel market in particular showed great appetite for these high-valued nuts. Approximately 67% of the South African crop was processed to kernel and the remaining 33% exported as inshell. February 01, 2019
Comments (0)
admin
South African grapes to expand in China as production bounces backSATI's first crop estimates for the 2018/2019 season suggest production recovery in South Africa's major grape growing areas. December 08, 2018
Comments (0)
Sevan Golnazarian
South African Table Grape Industry 1 st Crop Estimate for 2018/2019 seasonSouth African Table Grape Industry 1 st Crop Estimate for 2018/2019 season October 21, 2018
Comments (0)
admin
Capespan Sells its Stake in Joy Wing Mau for $82 millionCapespan, South Africa's largest fruit exporter, has reportedly sold its 9.23% stake in Chinese fruit company Joy Wing Mau to a group of Chinese investors for RMB 566 million (rand 1.16 billion or USD 82.3 million at current exchange rates). September 26, 2018
Comments (0)
Dan Siekman

Pages

Upcoming Events

October 17, 2019 to October 19, 2019

Produce Marketplace

  1. Tien Thinh Agricultu · Vietnam
  2. Tien Thinh Agricultu · Vietnam
  3. Tien Thinh Agricultu · Vietnam
  1. Chun lin orchard-Sel · Taiwan nan
  2. Taste Charming Food · Hong Kong
  3. Taste Charming Food · Hong Kong

Stay Updated